8 Steps to Being a Good Neighbor
We all want to fit in. When you are moving to a new home, getting along with your neighbors can play a big, okay HUGE roll in how happy you are at home. ?The old adage “I have friends and I have neighbors, and I don’t need no friendly neighbors!” Well let’s just say that’s not the best motto to live by. If you live in a neighborhood now and your neighbors don’t like you, ( i.e. they look away as you pass by, walk their children the long way around) it can be tough to enjoy your little piece of Heaven. ?
This time we are here to help! ?Here are 8 tips to help you be the good neighbor you want to be.
- Don’t talk about your neighbors to your other neighbors!
- Don’t leave notes! Always talk face to face.
- Don’t ever throw ANYTHING over the fence into their yard.
- Don’t be a hermit. ?Go outside so there’s an opportunity for them to see you and interact with you.
- Smile and wave. ?Don’t pretend you don’t see the moms waiting to pick up their kids on the corner! They know you see them, just smile and wave.
- After you are settled in have your neighbors over for a little cocktail hour.
- If your neighbors invite you to a party, go! ?It’s not a punishment, it’s supposed to be fun.
When you get ready to move, remember one of the big advantages of moving into a new neighborhood is you get to start all over. ?We know you can do it! ?These tips were inspired by?Kristin of The Bert Show.
Happy Moving Nashville
Your Master Movers family